We Bombshells often get asked how we do what we do. How exactly do we create a yarn bombing?
Is it magic?
Extreme craft devotion?
Military precision that would make China blush?
Maybe a little from all of the above. It’s really pretty simple. We’re multi-talented domestic goddesses. Not only does this girl knit, but she loves to cook too. Our process is a lot like the perfect recipe. And unlike your aunt Edna, we won’t claim ours is a “secret” and withhold the details.
A Bombshells Yarn Bombing
- 1 part wild idea for a location or project
- 2 parts sneaky Cloak and Dagger skills (Catlike reflexes and ability to enter and exit locations without detection can be substituted here.)
- 1 cup of bourbon (Let’s be real. Two cups.) to lower inhibitions
- 15 clever Bombshells, common sense removed for creative purposes
- A fabulous sense of style paired with an eye for detail
- A generous amount of yarn plus additional yarn for garnish
- 1 or more sleepless nights frantically finishing a project (adjust as needed)
- The ability to quickly assemble a fiber puzzle from numerous pieces
- 3 getaway cars (optional depending upon how fast you can run in heels)
Combine ingredients and await reaction. Serve with a side of blonde wigs and sunglasses.
Sometimes we all need a little extra inspiration to get cooking. Here are a few photos from our recent creations for Vogue Knitting Chicago. Recipe results may vary…